I had been looking for a Car Seat "Canopy" or "Tent" for Geddy for a while now but the one that I really wanted would have been $50 and others had too many conflicting prints for my liking. No thank you. So, I thought to myself "Hey, I can sew. This doesn't look too hard". I found an "easy" pattern here.
I started by going to Joann's Fabric store which ended up being my nemesis in this project. That place is the worst. They have awful fabric and a poor selection of common craft supplies, such as velcro.
And did I mention they have awful fabric? Reminded me of the stuff you would find at Quilted Bear in the 90's. Horrible.
Leaving disheartened, I drove past a small place called "The Cotton Shop" in Provo and was pleasantly surprised by their selection! Heading home, I got started. This seems like a project that could easily be done in 2 hours. Unfortunately, it took me 2 days. Because I was only working on it during nap time and a little in the evening, it was prolonged. Also, my sewing machine is not great. Its very basic and struggled through the thickness of the velcro.
|Chevron is the front, grey is bottom.|
|My simple sewing supplies.|
Overall, I am pretty pleased. Not overwhelming excited but it will work. And I do like the fabric, its very "me" (even though the 50+ year old woman at the fabric store thought it was a wild choice).
This has definitely fulfilled my crafting itch for the year.