- I have a very active toddler. So, active (active enough that people comment) that I sometimes want to pull my hair out or lock us inside all day but I am trying REALLY hard not to do that. HE needs to get out. I need to get out. It's good for the both of us and it's good for us to get through it together. It's really out of my comfort zone though.
- Sometimes Geddy and I get in, what feels like, little fights and sometimes I feel like waking him up after I have put him to bed at night. just to say "Sorry for the crappy day, Little Dude".
- I think the heat makes me a worse parent. No lie.
- Sometimes, you put your toddler in the car and cry on the drive home. That's fine. Do what makes you feel better. I totally support it.
- I love my son. He is my night and day and he is so forgiving. So so forgiving. I don't know that I deserve it. Plus, he is super handsome. And has the best personality. I think he is pretty dang cool.
- I feel guilty all the time. Mom guilt gives me the shivers.
- Everyone likes to give advice, when in reality, the most helpful thing to say is "you are doing a great job". My child is alive, healthy, and has eaten a fruit today. Go me.
- Sometimes, I come across really motivational things in my head and have to quote myself. Like right now:
"Just because it's hard, doesn't mean you aren't good at it". (in regards to parenting because I really am just terrible at golf)
- I can't believe I just quoted myself.
- The last two weeks have been incredibly hard for me. Today was hard for me. But Tomorrow? Tomorrow will be better.
That, my friends, is called word vomit.
P.S. I really believe that my body reacts differently to heat than the normal person. I have no personality, I can't make eye contact, or form lucid sentences. So, if you come across me this Summer, don't expect much.