The recipe is really simple, except for the baking. Baking cheesecake is like shooting a gun while blind folded. It can end really badly. I just kept a close eye as they baked and it worked out fine. But be careful!
There is something incredibly satisfying with cutting up a bunch of candybars and folded them into cheesecake. Yes please.
Snickers Cheesecake Bars
- 20 Oreos
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 fun size snickers, chopped (about 1.5 cups total)
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 8×8 baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil allowing the sides to overhang for easy removal.
- In a food processor, pulse the oreos into a fine crumb. In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir the crushed cookies and butter together. Press into the bottom of the pan and bake for 9-10 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped snickers and spread over the crust. Top with chocolate chips and bake it doe 30-35 minutes or until cheesecake is set.
- You have to cool completely in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Eat Up!
They were very tasty. The crust was delightful and the candybars were a pleasant surprise. Not too challenging to make, I would definitely make these again.